Regeneration Biology Ltd MTM Molecular Transport Media
Molecular Transport Media
Catalog Number: MTM
Format A: liquid
|1.0 ml MTM in 5 ml screw cap tube||$2.00|
|1.5 ml MTM in 5 ml screw cap tube||$2.05|
|500 ml bottle||$895.00|
|1000 ml bottle||$1,595.00|
|5000 ml bottle||$4,194.00|
- Regeneration Biology MTM is an FDA Cleared Microbial nucleic acid storage and stabilization device. It inactivates microbes (to include SARS-CoV-2), stabilizes RNA/DNA, and is on the US FDA list of primary sample collection devices for SARA-CoV-2 molecular testing. Manufacturer: Regeneration Biology MTM RG.1705
- Regeneration Biology MTM is the only FDA Cleared (cleared in 2018) Molecular
- Transport Medium for respiratory samples suspected of harboring influenza or TB.
- Considered by US FDA as a primary sample collection device for SARS-CoV-2.
- Regeneration Biology collected samples enable safe handling for both points of care and in the laboratory–since the entire sample is n inactivated/killed including SARS-CoV-2 and more resilient microbes like gram positives, etc.
- Once a swab or biofluid is added to Regeneration Biology the user has a “snapshot” in time for that sample.
- The DNA, and more importantly the labile RNA is preserved/stabilized.
- Groups all over the United States, Europe, and Africa/Asia use Regeneration Biology to move and transport samples across borders using NORMALFedExX and UPS shipping.
- Since the pathogens collected are eliminated, the samples can be shipped using routine boxing/shipping methods.
- Samples in Regeneration Biology can be shipped with NO COLD CHAIN, no wet or dry ice.
- Samples do not have to be pre-processed in BLS-III or even BLS-II safety levels.
- Safe or normal technician testing.
- The collected sample in Regeneration Biology can be used reused several times for additional testing.
- Many Labs use the first sampling for detection by qPCR and the second for NGS or gene sequencing.
- Regeneration Biology MTM was designed to be compatible with all Qiagen-based extraction systems benchtop and high throughput liquid handling systems). It works with the Thermo Scientific MagMax, Roche MAGNA PURE, or almost all DNA/RNA liquid handling extraction systems.
- The medium if in cryotubes can be frozen at ultra-low for biobanking or simply stored in the refrigerator (since the medium is safely preserving the collected sample).