Regeneration Biology offers charcoal: dextran stripped fetal bovine serum for researchers requiring low levels of certain steroid hormones. Charcoal: dextran stripping reduces the serum concentration of many hormones and certain growth factors, such as estradiol, cortisol, corticosterone, the B vitamins, T3, T4 and prostaglandins. Post-strip assay results are reported. This serum is useful where these endogenous molecules may interfere with experimental work. This serum may show some reduced growth-promotion ability for cells requiring the stripped compounds.
- Provides low levels of hormones
- Tested for cloning efficiency
- Now available in our innovatively designed
Ideally for researchers studying.
- Hormones or hormone receptors (androgens, estrogens, progesterone)
- Cytotoxic drug response
- Cellular signaling and reporter assays