Catalog Number GF6
Product Name GFP Expressing human aortic coronary endothelial cells
Storage Liquid Nitrogen
Product Format Frozen vial
Cell Number >90% confluent in Frozen Vial
*Caution: The handling of human derived products has the potential to be biologically hazardous. All Cell strains tested negative for HIV, HBV,
and HCV DNA in diagnostic tests. Proper precautions must be taken to avoid exposure. Always wear proper protective equipment (Gloves,
safety glasses, etc.) when handling these materials. We recommend following the universal procedures for handling products of human origin
as the minimum precaution against contamination.
GFP expressing human coronary artery endothelial cells were isolated from normal human coronary
tissue and transfected with GFP- lentiviral particles. Puromycin resistant GFP-HCAECs were selected and
shipped in proliferating culture or frozen vial with a confluence of > 90% (cells are providing at passage
5). ENDO-Growth medium (EGM-2102) containing 5% serum and growth supplement is recommended
for culture. Cells have an average population doubling level >14 when cultured. When you receive the
cells, leave the flask in 37°C C02 incubator for 1 hour. Then, replace the transport medium with fresh
ENDO-Growth medium. Let the cells grow for 24 hours before subculture.
Cytoplasmic VWF/ factor VIII >95% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic uptake of Di-I-Ac-LDL >95% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic PECAM1 >95% positive by immunofluorescence
GFP Expressing human coronary artery
endothelial cells are negative for
HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma
PRODUCT USE AND SHIPPING STATUS
Product Use GFP Expressing human coronary artery
endothelial cells are for research use only
Shipping Status Frozen vial
1) Coating T25 flasks. Add 2 ml AlphaBioCoat (AC001) into a T25 flask and ensure entire interior
surface is coated with the solution. After 30 minutes, dispose of AlphaBioCoat (AC001) by
aspiration. Gently rinse and aspirate flask with Phosphate Buffer Solution (EGM-2102). The flask
is now ready for use (no need for overnight incubation when coated with AC001).
2) If you are using the coated flask the same day, add about 4 ml of Endo-Growth media to the
coated flask. *If the media changes color from pink to yellow, aspirate and discard the media.
Add 4ml of fresh media to the coated flask.
3) Thaw the cells in a 37°C water bath. Once you see a small amount of ice left in the vial, spray the
vial with 70% Ethanol and wipe it down.
4) Transfer the vial into your Biosafety cabinet.
5) Using a 2 or 5ml pipet, pipet the cells out of the vial.
6) Transfer your cell suspension in to your coated plate that have the 4 ml media in it.
7) You should have a total working volume of 5ml of cell suspension in the flask; close the cap.
Make sure cells are evenly distributed in the flask by moving the flask left and right five times.
Move it up and down for and additional five times.
8) Place flask in a 37°C incubator with 5% C02. If flask is not vented, please loosen cap.
9) Change media after 48 hours.