|1L or 2L Origin
|Type of Culture Media||Viral Inactivation Transport Media|
|Format||Liquid Culture Media|
|Application||Cell Culture Growth|
|Packaging||100 Tubes per pack|
|Media Type||Prepared Culture Media|
|Storage Requirement||4°C – or at Ambient temperature => 2 years|
*Universal COVID-19 Viral Inactivation Transportation Media (UCVITM) is formulated base on CDC recommendation.
**Universal Shield COVID-19 Viral Inactivation Transport Medium abides by Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines for pathogen inactivation.
Are your samples protected from the stress caused by freeze-thaw cycling? UCVITM is not only beneficial for sample transport, but also for the long-term storage of biological samples. UCVITM protects DNA/RNA from multiple freeze-thaw cycles, even in the most complex of samples (i.e., whole blood).
Universal Shield COVID-19 Viral Inactivation Transport is a DNA and RNA stabilization solution for nucleic acids in any biological sample. This DNA and RNA stabilization solution preserves the genetic integrity and expression profiles of samples at ambient temperatures and completely inactivates infectious agents (viruses, bacteria, fungi, & parasites).
Sample Source: Nose, mouth, throat, biological fluids, Cells, tissues, blood, plasma, serum, saliva, urine, feces, environmental samples, etc.
- RNA: Ambient temperature (4°C- 25°C) >1-month
- DNA: Ambient temperature (4°C- 25°C) >2 years
- DNA & RNA: Frozen (<-20°C): Indefinitely
- system maintains viability of organisms for up to 48 hours and does not require refrigeration storage prior to collection Universal COVID-19 Viral Transport Media (UCVITM) has been tested and validated in full compliance with CLSI M40-A2: Quality Control of Microbiological Transport System Standard.
Intended use: Recommended for the collection and transport of specimens for the recovery of viral agents including, but not limited to, COVID-19, Herpes Simplex Type I, Herpes Simplex Type II, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Influenza A, Influenza B, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Echovirus, Adenovirus, etc. Its unique formulation prevents degradation from freeze-thaw cycling and unexpected freezer failures. It preserves the genetic integrity of a sample at point of collection for sensitive downstream analyses (e.g., Next-Gene Sequencing, RT-PCR, etc.). Any sample type can be stored in our media, transport at ambient temperature, even in the most extreme conditions.
Universal Shield COVID-19 Viral Inactivation Transport:
- Eliminates cold chain.
- Ensures DNA/RNA stability during sample transport/storage at ambient temperatures
- Inactivates infectious agents (viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic)
- Easy sample processing. DNA/ RNA can be isolated directly without sample precipitation or reagent removal (compatible with most DNA and RNA purification kits/ high-throughput workflows)
Directly compatible with:
- Most kits and workflows from Qiagen, Roche, Thermo-Fisher, Macherey Nagel, etc.
- High-throughput automated workflows from Hamilton, Tecan, bioMérieux, PerkinElmer, Eppendorf, Promega, etc.
UCVITM has been used successfully for Rapid Antigen Testing, DFA, Viral Culture and for Molecular-Based Assays. Unique media formulation includes antibiotics to inhibit bacterial and fungal growth, without affecting viruses, chlamydia, mycoplasma or urea plasma. Universal Viral transport medium (UCVITM) prevents specimen drying, maintains viral viability and retards the growth of microbial contaminants. The Regeneration Biology virology lab requires specimens for virus culture be collected in the UCVITM. Tubes containing 2-3 mL UCVITM are used for swab specimens, while those with 5-7 mL UCVITM are suitable for tissue samples.
- 1pc Transport Medium sampling tube with 3ml UCVITM liquid.
- 1pc Nasal flocked swab or throat swab.
Universal COVID-19 Viral Inactivation Transportation Medium is a prepared Liquid Culture Media that is packaged in a 100 Tubes. Viral Transport Medium VTM, 3ml fill, additional Swabs sold separately, order by the package of 100.
Mini tip for Nasopharyngeal
Standard tip for oropharyngeal
Dacron, Rayon, or synthetic flocked swabs are acceptable
Nasopharyngeal swabs: Insert swab into the nostril parallel to the palate. Leave the swab in place for a few seconds to absorb secretions. Oropharyngeal swabs (e.g. throat swabs): Swab the posterior pharynx, avoiding the tongue. All specimens should be shipped in compliance with all federal, state, hospital, or public health laboratory guidelines. Check for information from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or with state and county public health laboratories for information that must be included with the specimen for testing. Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)